What increases my risk for viral lung infection?

Viral lung infection is a contagious disease. This means you can get viral lung infections from others who have the disease. For this reason, your risk of getting viral lung infections is increased when you're around sick people, those who have viral lung infections and upper respiratory infections, like colds. You're even more at risk if you touch an infected person or get very close to a person with the disease. Finally, not taking care to wash your hands can put you at serious risk of getting a viral lung infection. When you wash your hands, you can get rid of germs that you may have contracted from touching someone or something infected with a viral lung infection.

Continue Learning about Viral Lung Infections

Should I be worried about viral lung infections?
If you have trouble breathing, you should be worried. Get to a hospital right away in order to take ...
Do viral lung infections affect children differently than adults?
In children, viral lung infections can be more severe. In fact, children may be more likely to e...
Can smoking cause viral lung infections?
Viral lung infections are communicable diseases. This means that you catch a viral lung infectio...
Should I tell my child's school about viral lung infections?
You shouldn't just tell your child's school about viral lung infections - your child shouldn't be go...