Should I tell my child's school about viral lung infections?

You shouldn't just tell your child's school about viral lung infections - your child shouldn't be going to school if your child is feeling ill or has been diagnosed with the disease. Viral lung infections can be easily spread to other people. For this reason, most schools advocate that sick children stay home until the disease has cleared up. Sending your child to school can also be dangerous if your child develops a complication, like difficulty breathing, and needs get to the hospital.

Continue Learning about Viral Lung Infections

Are viral lung infections serious?
In most cases, viral lung infections get better on their own. Although they can be uncomfortable to ...
What will happen if my child has RSV and is admitted to the hospital?
James FortenberryJames Fortenberry
 If your baby is admitted to the hospital:• Your baby’s temperature, heart rate, and breathing will ...
What is the current viral lung infection recommendation?
In the past, ribavirin, a medication that people would inhale via an electronic device, was given to...
Can smoking cause viral lung infections?
Viral lung infections are communicable diseases. This means that you catch a viral lung infectio...