Should I talk to my doctor about my empyema symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Yes, it is strongly advisable that you discuss your empyema symptoms with your doctor. It is a serious condition that can cause permanent lung damage and in some cases, death. However, it is very likely that a doctor will be able to help you recover completely.

Continue Learning about Viral Lung Infections

How do medications treat viral lung infection?
People who have severe viral lung infections may require treatments of antiviral medications to ...
What is the current viral lung infection recommendation?
In the past, ribavirin, a medication that people would inhale via an electronic device, was given to...
Are there alternative treatments for viral infections?
The medications available to treat the symptoms of a viral infection can help alleviate discomfort, ...
Is there a cure for viral lung infections?
There is a cure for viral lung infections, and in most cases you don't need to do much to get it. ...