There is no specific treatment for WNV infection or a vaccine to prevent it. In more severe cases, people usually need to go to the hospital, where they will receive intravenous fluids, assistance with breathing, and nursing care.
- Q What is antigenic drift?
- Q What are the possible ways for transmission of viral infection?
- Q What is the outlook for people with West Nile virus?
- Q Does light therapy help treat herpes simplex virus?
- Q How can I get West Nile virus?
- Q How do viral infections affect the body?