There is no specific treatment for WNV infection or a vaccine to prevent it. In more severe cases, people usually need to go to the hospital, where they will receive intravenous fluids, assistance with breathing, and nursing care.
- Q What is the outlook for people with West Nile virus?
- Q How does the human body fight against a virus?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a viral infection?
- Q What over-the-counter (OTC) medications help treat viral infections?
- Q How are viral infections spread?
- Q What is the difference between a virus and a bacterium?