There is no specific treatment for WNV infection or a vaccine to prevent it. In more severe cases, people usually need to go to the hospital, where they will receive intravenous fluids, assistance with breathing, and nursing care.
- Q How does the human body fight against a virus?
- Q What is the difference between a virus and a bacterium?
- Q How can I prevent West Nile virus?
- Q Is viral conjunctivitis contagious?
- Q How is West Nile virus spread?
- Q How long does a virus stay active in the blood?