When should I call my doctor if I have warts and plantar warts?

If you have warts and plantar warts you should call your doctor for the following reasons.
  • Your plantar warts do not improve with treatment. In some cases, your doctor may want to perform a biopsy to rule out other possible causes of the warts.
  • Your warts do not respond to self-care and you would like your doctor to remove them.
  • You have signs of infection, including redness, pus, discharge, red streaking, fever and bleeding, especially bleeding that doesn't stop when you apply pressure.
  • Your wart causes pain.
  • Your warts are spreading.
  • You have anal and/or genital warts.
  • You have diabetes or a weakened immune system and you develop warts.
  • The wart starts to look or feel different or changes color.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections