What should I know about using sunscreen if I have herpes zoster?

Dermatologists strongly recommend that people with herpes zoster (otherwise known as shingles) get good treatment to prevent complications from the virus that causes this condition. When you meet with your doctor, he or she will likely have specific recommendations for how to care for your skin, including the best way to use sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun while minimizing irritation to your rash.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

Why You Should Be Paying Attention to West Nile Virus
During the sultry months of summer, mosquitos are usually just a nuisance when you spend time outdoors. But when they hold the potential to pass on se...
How do I manage my yellow fever on a daily basis?
If you have a flu-like illness following travel to an area where yellow fever is known to occur, see...
What is a virus?
Viruses are tiny organisms that cause infection by getting into a person's or animal's cells and mul...
What Time of Year Do Most Viral Infections Occur?