Rubella (German measles) is a contagious viral disease that has mild symptoms, much like the common cold. However, rubella can cause birth defects (and even death) in a fetus. Therefore, it is important that any pregnant woman who has been exposed to rubella see her doctor immediately.
- Q How are viral infections spread?
- Q How long does a virus stay active in the blood?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with croup?
- Q Is yellow fever serious?
- Q How can I manage my German measles on a daily basis?
- Q How do viruses cause infection?