What are the symptoms of West Nile virus?

Peter DeLucia
Health Education
In most of the population, West Nile virus is asymptomatic; but flu-like symptoms and fever after being bitten by mosquitos can be a red flag. In this video, public health specialist Peter DeLucia, MPA, explains the main symptoms to look out for. 
The symptoms of West Nile virus include headache, fever, neck stiffness, disorientation, coma, tremors, convulsions, muscle weakness, and paralysis. West Nile virus may also present with no symptoms. (This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Connecticut State University Athletic Training Education Program)

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

AFM: What You Should Know About This Rare Polio-like Illness
Health officials are ramping up efforts to understand why there are increasing reports of children across the United States with a rare polio-like con...
How does viral oral infection affect other conditions?
If you have a certain type of eczema and end up with some types of viral oral infections in the area...
Should I have my tonsils removed if I keep getting viral throat infection?
For many years doctors recommended a tonsillectomy for recurring viral throat infection. This is a l...
What Time of Year Do Most Viral Infections Occur?