Is rotavirus more common than viral gastrointestinal infections?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Worldwide, rotavirus causes the most cases of viral gastrointestinal infection among children. By the time they reach their third birthday, most children will have had at least one rotavirus infection. It is far less common in adults. These infections tend to be most common starting in winter and tailing off by March.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

What You Need to Know About Eastern Equine Encephalitis
From time to time, an illness called Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) pops up in the news. In July 2019, for instance, the Florida Department of Heal...
How does viral oral infection affect other conditions?
If you have a certain type of eczema and end up with some types of viral oral infections in the area...
How can I protect my children from viruses?
There are two major ways to protect your child from viruses. Effective hand-washing will reduce ...
What Time of Year Do Most Viral Infections Occur?