How do other illnesses affect labyrinthitis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Other illnesses and medical conditions increase the risk of developing labyrinthitis. Respiratory and ear infections, as well as allergies, make you more prone to labyrinthitis and in some cases cause the condition. Labyrinthitis symptoms like vertigo may also be mistaken for symptoms of other conditions, such as Meniere's disease.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

Why You Should Be Paying Attention to West Nile Virus
During the sultry months of summer, mosquitos are usually just a nuisance when you spend time outdoors. But when they hold the potential to pass on se...
How do I manage my viral infection on a daily basis?
Because there are many types of viral infections, there are many ways to manage them. Most viral inf...
5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug
5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug
It takes as little as 18 norovirus particles on your food to make you sick.
What Time of Year Do Most Viral Infections Occur?