How should I prepare to talk to my doctor about lymphadenopathy?

You should talk to your doctor about the kinds of symptoms your lymphadenopathy is causing and how those symptoms have changed. Tell your doctor about your other medical conditions and any medications you take. Also, make a list of ways you might have been exposed to an infection, from a tick bite, for example. Bring a list of questions you would like to ask your doctor. You may also consider bringing someone with you to help you remember new information or information you do not understand.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

Viral Infections

Viral Infections

Viral infections like herpes simplex, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), chicken pox and rotavirus are infections caused by a virus instead of a bacterium. Viral infections do not respond to antibiotics, but some specific viruses ...

like influenza A and B can be treated with certain antiviral medications. Most commonly, treatment for viral infections includes drinking lots of fluids, getting rest, eating well and letting the illness run its course.