How can I manage my German measles on a daily basis?

While there is no cure for German measles, you can take measures to keep yourself comfortable and avoid spreading it to others. Try to rest as much as possible. If you have a fever and aches or pains, you can take acetaminophen for relief. Aspirin, however, should not be used by children with a viral illness. Let the people that you've been in contact with know about your diagnosis, and do your best to avoid spreading it to people with weakened immune systems.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

Viral Infections

Viral Infections

Viral infections like herpes simplex, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), chicken pox and rotavirus are infections caused by a virus instead of a bacterium. Viral infections do not respond to antibiotics, but some specific viruses ...

like influenza A and B can be treated with certain antiviral medications. Most commonly, treatment for viral infections includes drinking lots of fluids, getting rest, eating well and letting the illness run its course.