How should I cleanse my skin if I have herpes zoster?

Dermatologists strongly recommend that people with herpes zoster (otherwise known as shingles) get good treatment to prevent complications from the virus that causes this condition. When you meet with your doctor, he or she will likely have specific recommendations for how to cleanse your skin. Your doctor may recommend that you use gentle cleansers that are fragrance-free and irritant-free. If your itching is very bad, your doctor may also recommend cool baths to relieve it.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

Why You Should Be Paying Attention to West Nile Virus
During the sultry months of summer, mosquitos are usually just a nuisance when you spend time outdoors. But when they hold the potential to pass on se...
Is there a link between the Zika virus and Guillain-Barre syndrome?
There is a link between the Zika virus and Guillain-Barre syndrome. A small number of people who hav...
How does flaccid paralysis relate to West Nile virus?
Flaccid paralysis has been associated with the West Nile virus. West Nile virus, in unusual cases, c...
What Time of Year Do Most Viral Infections Occur?