Painful lymph nodes are not generally a symptom of Hodgkin's lymphoma. In an otherwise healthy person, swollen and painful lymph nodes can indicate the presence of an infection. If you have Hodgkin's lymphoma, your lymph nodes can be swollen and might hurt only after you drink alcohol. Talk with your doctor if you are concerned about any changes in your body.
- Q Can lymphadenopathy be life threatening?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with lymphadenopathy?
- Q Does lymphadenopathy affect children differently than adults?
- Q How should I prepare to talk to my doctor about lymphadenopathy?
- Q How do I manage lymphadenopathy on a daily basis?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphadenopathy?