Painful lymph nodes are not generally a symptom of Hodgkin's lymphoma. In an otherwise healthy person, swollen and painful lymph nodes can indicate the presence of an infection. If you have Hodgkin's lymphoma, your lymph nodes can be swollen and might hurt only after you drink alcohol. Talk with your doctor if you are concerned about any changes in your body.
- Q How does lymphadenopathy affect the body?
- Q What kinds of questions should I ask my doctor about lymphadenopathy?
- Q What is lymphadenopathy?
- Q How should I prepare to talk to my doctor about lymphadenopathy?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with lymphadenopathy?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my lymphadenopathy?