Painful lymph nodes are not generally a symptom of Hodgkin's lymphoma. In an otherwise healthy person, swollen and painful lymph nodes can indicate the presence of an infection. If you have Hodgkin's lymphoma, your lymph nodes can be swollen and might hurt only after you drink alcohol. Talk with your doctor if you are concerned about any changes in your body.
- Q What kinds of questions should I ask my doctor about lymphadenopathy?
- Q What is lymphadenopathy?
- Q Can lymphadenopathy be life threatening?
- Q Is lymphadenopathy serious?
- Q How common is lymphadenopathy?
- Q Does lymphadenopathy affect children differently than adults?