Dysentery is highly infectious. It is commonly caused by ingesting the bacteria Shigella through unclean food or water. You can also catch dysentery from swimming or bathing in water that carries the bacteria.
- Q What are viral gastrointestinal infections?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with croup?
- Q How does viral oral infection affect other conditions?
- Q Does light therapy help treat herpes simplex virus?
- Q What is coxsackievirus?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a viral infection?