Dysentery is highly infectious. It is commonly caused by ingesting the bacteria Shigella through unclean food or water. You can also catch dysentery from swimming or bathing in water that carries the bacteria.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with a viral infection?
- Q How do I manage my viral infection on a daily basis?
- Q How does the human body fight against a virus?
- Q What are the symptoms of viral gastrointestinal infections?
- Q What is the duration of viral infections?
- Q How are viral infections spread?