Can I get Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning symptoms without eating?

The germ that causes Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning (Vibrio vulnificus) is a bacterium that normally lives in warm seawater. In addition to getting infected when eating seafood, people can also get infected and experience similar symptoms if the bacterium finds its way into an open wound. This may occur while somebody is swimming in warm oceans, or handling raw shellfish. Sores and abscesses occur at the site of the wound, and the bacterium can infect the bloodstream, causing serious disease.

Continue Learning about Vibrio Vulnificus Food Poisoning