How do other illnesses affect Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?

Having certain other diseases affects the likelihood of contracting Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning, as well as the severity of the disease. Especially important are diseases that decrease liver function, such as cirrhosis and hepatitis. Also important are diseases that decrease kidney function, such as diabetes, and also those that affect the immune system, such as AIDS. High levels of iron in the blood also put people at higher risk for Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning. All of these conditions also increase the likelihood of experiencing serious complications during the illness.

Continue Learning about Vibrio Vulnificus Food Poisoning

Is there a cure for Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?
Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning can be successfully treated with antibiotics, especially if the tre...
How can I manage my Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning on a daily basis?
Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning is a serious disease that will likely require hospitalization. Ther...
How is Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning diagnosed?
Suspected Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning is diagnosed through history-gathering and laboratory tes...
What are the treatment options for Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?
It is important to quickly treat Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning with one or more appropriate antib...