What is the rate of incidence for Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?

In the United States, Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning usually occurs in the Gulf States. Even here, the number of affected people is low. In the 18 years prior to 2006, approximately 900 cases (50 cases per year) of Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning were reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from those areas. Twenty-two confirmed cases of the disease were reported to the CDC in 2009.

Continue Learning about Vibrio Vulnificus Food Poisoning

Is Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning serious?
Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning is a serious disease. The disease is often fatal if left untreated ...
Is there a cure for Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?
Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning can be successfully treated with antibiotics, especially if the tre...
How can I manage my Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning on a daily basis?
Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning is a serious disease that will likely require hospitalization. Ther...
Can Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning be prevented?
The bacterium that causes Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning grows in warm seawater and infects animal...