Is there a cure for Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?

Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning can be successfully treated with antibiotics, especially if the treatment is begun quickly after infection occurs. The disease can be fatal, so rapid treatment is essential for a successful cure. Additional measures that increase the chance of survival include fluid replacement, care of sores and infections that develop on extremities, and sometimes amputation of affected limbs. Successful treatment and cure occurs in approximately 65 percent of cases.

Continue Learning about Vibrio Vulnificus Food Poisoning

How is Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning diagnosed?
Suspected Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning is diagnosed through history-gathering and laboratory tes...
What increases my risk for Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?
Consumption of raw or undercooked seafood such as oysters, clams, shrimp, and fish increase the risk...
Can I get Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning symptoms without eating?
The germ that causes Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning (Vibrio vulnificus) is a bacterium that normal...
Where do the bacteria in Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning live?
The germ that causes Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning (Vibrio vulnificus) is a bacterium normally fo...