How do I care for someone with Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning is treated with antibiotics and fluid replacement. It may be necessary to assist affected people with their medications, ensure they are receiving enough fluid, and care for related sores or surgical wounds. It is important to remember that you cannot contract this disease from people and also that this disease can be severe and care may be the responsibility of hospital staff.

Continue Learning about Vibrio Vulnificus Food Poisoning

How can I manage my Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning on a daily basis?
Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning is a serious disease that will likely require hospitalization. Ther...
Are there alternative treatments for Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?
Phages are viruses that infect bacteria and often cause them to burst and die. Their use as alternat...
What is Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning?
Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning is a food-borne illness caused by the bacterium for which it is nam...
Is Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning serious?
Vibrio vulnificus food poisoning is a serious disease. The disease is often fatal if left untreated ...