What is Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning?

Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning is a gastrointestinal illness caused by ingesting a bacterium called Vibrio parahaemolyticus. This organism originates from the family of bacteria responsible for cholera. Vibrio parahaemolyticus needs salt water to live, and it exists in the waters, fish, and shellfish off the coast of Canada and the United States. The presence of this organism, as well as the food poisoning caused from it, increases in the warm summer months. About 4500 people become infected by Vibrio parahaemolyticus annually in the United States.

Continue Learning about Vibrio Parahaemolyticus Food Poisoning

How do other illnesses affect Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning?
Individuals who have Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning and who have weak immune systems have an...
Is there a cure for Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning?
Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning is a bacterial infection of the gastrointestinal system that ...
How do I manage my Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning daily?
As with any illness, Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning can impact your life, but there are ways...
Can my doctor help my Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning symptoms?
The majority of cases of Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning are not severe and do not require a ...