How does Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning affect the body?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Vibrio parahaemolyticus food poisoning can affect the body in many ways. When ingested, the vibrio parahaemolyticus bacterium attaches to an individual's small intestine and discharges a poison that affects the gastrointestinal system. An infected person can experience diarrhea, stomach cramps, headache, upset stomach, vomiting, chills, and fever. The illness typically lasts about three days. It can also cause a skin infection when if you have an open wound that is exposed to warm seawater.

Continue Learning about Vibrio Parahaemolyticus Food Poisoning

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.