Can vestibular dysfunction be prevented?

In general, there is not much you can do to prevent vestibular dysfunction. You can, however, take steps to avoid head injuries and ear infections, which sometimes cause inner-ear disorders. Many things can cause a head injury, but only a few safety precautions can go a long way, like always wearing your seatbelt in cars and always wearing a bike helmet when riding a bike. Frequent hand-washing is one of best ways to avoid an illness, such as a viral infection, that can lead to an ear infection.

Continue Learning about Vestibular Dysfunction

What does vestibular dysfunction tell me about my inner ear?
If you have vestibular dysfunction, it means there is a problem in your inner ear. Just behind your ...
What causes vestibular dysfunction?
Vestibular dysfunction can be caused by a variety of issues that affect the inner ear. For example, ...
What is the most common type of vestibular dysfunction?
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is the most common type of vestibular dysfunction. It af...
How common is vestibular dysfunction?
Dizziness is the most common symptom of vestibular dysfunction, and millions of people in the United...