How are objective vertigo and dizziness diagnosed?

The first step in diagnosing objective vertigo and dizziness is a physical examination. You doctor will examine your inner ears, eyes, and how the eyes move. During the examination, your doctor may also move your head in positions to induce your vertigo or dizziness in order to observe your eye movements and balance. They may test your coordination and hearing, too. In some cases, blood tests, MRIs, and CT scans may be needed to diagnose the cause of your vertigo and dizziness.

Continue Learning about Vertigo & Dizziness Diagnosis

How is vertigo and dizziness diagnosed?
The first step in diagnosing vertigo and dizziness is a physical examination. You doctor will examin...
How is peripheral vertigo and dizziness diagnosed?
The first step in diagnosing peripheral vertigo and dizziness is a physical examination. You doctor ...
What is a tilt test?
Mohamed Djelmami Hani, MDMohamed Djelmami Hani, MD
Head-up tilt testing is a way to safely diagnose neurocardiogenic syncope (also called  vasovaga...
How do I prepare to see my doctor about my vertigo and dizziness?
To help prepare for your doctor's appointment for vertigo and dizziness, prepare a list of specific ...