What is peripheral vertigo and dizziness?

Vertigo is the sensation that you, your surroundings, or both are spinning. Peripheral vertigo is a type of vertigo that occurs because of an inner ear disorder such as an ear infection or injury. Dizziness is an overall feeling of lightheadedness. Vertigo and dizziness are not the same symptoms. Dizziness, or lightheadedness, can occur on its own or along with other symptoms including vertigo, nausea, and irregular eye movements.

Continue Learning about Vertigo & Dizziness

How common is dizziness?
Balance problems increase as you age. About 70 percent of us experience some type of dizziness probl...
What is central vertigo and dizziness?
Vertigo is the sensation that you, your surroundings, or both are spinning. Central vertigo is a for...
What are the effects of vertigo?
When people get vertigo attacks, they feel as if the world is spinning. Nausea and anxiety follow. A...
Should I talk to my doctor about my vertigo and dizziness?
If you or your child has symptoms of vertigo and dizziness, you should talk to your doctor. It's esp...