Should I talk to my doctor about my vertigo and dizziness?

If you or your child has symptoms of vertigo and dizziness, you should talk to your doctor. It's especially important to talk to your doctor if the following symptoms occur along with your vertigo and dizziness.

• difficulty swallowing
  • irregular eye movements
  • slurred speech
  • blurred or double vision
  • weakness in the arms and legs
  • facial paralysis
If you or your child?s vertigo causes frequent nausea and vomiting, seek medical attention immediately to avoid the body becoming dehydrated. Fortunately, vertigo and dizziness are often easily diagnosed and treated.

Continue Learning about Vertigo & Dizziness

Vertigo & Dizziness

Vertigo & Dizziness

Vertigo is a feeling that you are spinning or that your surroundings are spinning around you. There are two main types of vertigo. Peripheral vertigo affects the parts of the inner ear responsible for balance and perceiving motion...

. Central vertigo cases are linked to disorders and diseases that affect the brain or brain stem. An episode of vertigo and ringing in the ears could indicate a condition called Meniere's disease. Dizziness is a common problem that can increase with age. It may also be caused by dehydration, poor eating habits, fatigue or stress. See your doctor to rule out any concerns. Learn more about preventing and treating dizziness and vertigo with expert advice from Sharecare.