Should I talk to my doctor about my vertigo and dizziness?

If you or your child has symptoms of vertigo and dizziness, you should talk to your doctor. It's especially important to talk to your doctor if the following symptoms occur along with your vertigo and dizziness.

• difficulty swallowing
  • irregular eye movements
  • slurred speech
  • blurred or double vision
  • weakness in the arms and legs
  • facial paralysis
If you or your child?s vertigo causes frequent nausea and vomiting, seek medical attention immediately to avoid the body becoming dehydrated. Fortunately, vertigo and dizziness are often easily diagnosed and treated.

Continue Learning about Vertigo & Dizziness

Are vertigo and dizziness life-threatening?
Vertigo and dizziness are not life-threatening. Complications due to vertigo and dizziness such as l...
What is subjective vertigo and dizziness?
Subjective vertigo causes sensations that you are spinning. Dizziness is an overall feeling of light...
How common is vertigo and dizziness?
Vertigo and dizziness are among the most common reasons that children and adults visit the doctor. D...
What is objective vertigo and dizziness?
Objective vertigo causes sensations that your surroundings are spinning. Dizziness is an overall fee...