Can central vertigo and dizziness be prevented?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Because central vertigo is linked to a disorder or disease in the brain, central vertigo can only be prevented by preventing these brain conditions. Dizziness triggered by dehydration, poor eating habits, fatigue, or stress can be prevented with lifestyle changes. Vertigo and dizziness cannot be prevented unless the underlying cause is diagnosed.

Continue Learning about Vertigo & Dizziness

What is peripheral vertigo and dizziness?
Vertigo is the sensation that you, your surroundings, or both are spinning. Peripheral vertigo is a ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my vertigo and dizziness?
If you or your child has symptoms of vertigo and dizziness, you should talk to your doctor. It's esp...
Are there different types of vertigo?
There are two main types of vertigo: peripheral vertigo and central vertigo. Peripheral vertigo is c...
What are the effects of vertigo?
When people get vertigo attacks, they feel as if the world is spinning. Nausea and anxiety follow. A...