Vertigo and dizziness are not life-threatening. Complications due to vertigo and dizziness such as loss of balance and falling can cause injuries. Other symptoms, like loss of hearing can have long-term effects. To prevent complications and decrease risk of injury, the cause of your vertigo and dizziness should be diagnosed and treated.
- Q When should I see a doctor about vertigo?
- Q What causes physical instability?
- Q How do other illnesses affect vertigo and dizziness?
- Q Are there different types of vertigo?
- Q What is objective vertigo and dizziness?
- Q What is subjective vertigo and dizziness?