Are vertigo and dizziness life-threatening?

Vertigo and dizziness are not life-threatening. Complications due to vertigo and dizziness such as loss of balance and falling can cause injuries. Other symptoms, like loss of hearing can have long-term effects. To prevent complications and decrease risk of injury, the cause of your vertigo and dizziness should be diagnosed and treated.

Continue Learning about Vertigo & Dizziness

Should I talk to my doctor about my vertigo and dizziness?
If you or your child has symptoms of vertigo and dizziness, you should talk to your doctor. It's esp...
How common is vertigo and dizziness?
Vertigo and dizziness are among the most common reasons that children and adults visit the doctor. D...
What causes physical instability?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The type of dizziness called instability may have multiple causes and is often due to neurological d...
What are the effects of vertigo?
When people get vertigo attacks, they feel as if the world is spinning. Nausea and anxiety follow. A...