What are the treatment options for verrucous carcinoma?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Treatment options for verrucous carcinoma may depend on the location of the tumor, but they usually begin with surgery. During surgery, doctors will remove the entire tumor and a bit of the surrounding tissue. This can sometimes be a challenging procedure, depending on the location of the tumor. After surgery, doctors may recommend another type of treatment - usually radiation therapy - to kill any remaining cancerous cells. Sometimes, if surgery is too difficult, radiation therapy may be used alone. Talk to your doctor to determine the best treatment method for you.

Continue Learning about Verrucous Carcinoma

Are there alternative treatments for verrucous carcinoma?
There are not many alternative treatments used specifically for verrucous carcinoma, but some altern...
How does verrucous carcinoma affect the body?
Verrucous carcinoma begins in certain cells in the skin or mucous membranes. When these cells grow o...
Should I talk to my doctor about my verrucous carcinoma symptoms?
If you notice symptoms of verrucous carcinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms may be hard ...
What causes verrucous carcinoma?
The exact cause of verrucous carcinoma is unknown. However, it's thought that the DNA that controls ...