Should I become a vegetarian?

Vandana  R. Sheth
Becoming a vegetarian is a very personal decision. There are many reasons for following a vegetarian diet. There are significant positive health and environmental benefits. However, the key is to ensure that the vegetarian diet is well-planned and nutritionally varied to adequately meet your nutritional needs. A registered dietitian specializing in vegetarian diets can be very helpful.
People decide to be vegetarian for a wide number of reasons -- for health reasons, animal welfare, and environmental concerns among others. Research shows that vegetarian diets are generally lower in saturated fat -- the kind that is bad for your heart -- and for this reason may be healthier. For those concerned about the treatment of animals, animal handling by the food industry may be troublesome. Lately, there has been a lot if information about the environmental “cost” of producing animal foods which leaves some people concerned. Vegetarianism is usually a very personal choice. 

Continue Learning about Vegetarian Diets

What Do You Tell Vegans and Vegetarians About Eating Healthy?
How Can a Plant-Based Diet Help Me Lose Weight?
Why Am I Gaining Weight on a Vegetarian Diet?
How Do I Get Enough Protein If I Am a Vegetarian?