A Answers (2)
Other than the obvious - avoiding unwanted pregnancies - sometimes a vasectomy actually improve the mutual enjoyment in sexual relations. Without the worry of pregnancy, many couples find that the desire for sexual expression becomes more spontaneous and more frequent.
The following are the advantages of vasectomy:
- A one-time, relatively inexpensive cost that is often covered by insurance or state grant programs
- More dependable than any other form of birth control
- Less expensive and poses less of a medical risk than female sterilization
- Easier to reverse than female sterilization
- Eliminates risks to female partner of oral contraceptives or intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Freedom from hassle and worry of contraception
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.