Can a vasectomy reversal cause low sex drive?

No. The reversal of a vasectomy is performed to return sperm to the ejaculate. This should not affect the production of testosterone by the testicles which is the hormone that stimulates the sex drive

Continue Learning about Vasectomy

Recession May Have Sparked Increase in Vasectomies
The 2008 financial crisis left many people with questions they'd probably never fully considered. What happens if I'm jobless for few years? How will ...
How soon after a vasectomy can I have sex?
Dr. Harry Fisch, MDDr. Harry Fisch, MD
You can have sex two days after your vasectomy, but you must continue to use some type of contracept...
What is a no-scalpel vasectomy?
Jayram Krishnan, DOJayram Krishnan, DO
A no-scalpel vasectomy is an in-office procedure that takes about 30 minutes, says Jayram Krishnan, ...
Is it ok to get a vasectomy now and then reverse it later?
Peter N. Mattar, MDPeter N. Mattar, MD
While counseling my patients, I always tell them that the vasectomy is a "non-reversible" procedure....