What diseases does the Legs For Life program screen for?

Legs For Life was originally designed to screen for peripheral arterial disease (PAD). It currently also screens for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), venous disease and carotid artery disease, which is a red flag for stroke.

Continue Learning about Vascular Disease

Prevent Plaque in Arteries with This Summer Fruit
Keep your arteries healthy, flexible, and clog-free by tossing a handful of sweet, juicy blueberries into your morning yogurt cup. Research suggests ...
How to Get a Leg Up on Peripheral Artery Disease
When a trip up the stairs triggers pain in your legs or hips, you might think you can’t exercise. If you have peripheral artery disease (PAD), however...
How does plaque build up in the arteries?
Dr. Kelly TraverDr. Kelly Traver
First, the cells of the inner layer of the arteries become injured, creating small nicks in the inne...
How will my doctor check if my leg cramps are due to a vascular problem?
Roman Nowygrod, MDRoman Nowygrod, MD
To check if a patient's leg cramps are due to vascular problems, first I perform a physical exam tha...