What should I consider if I have recently been diagnosed with PAD?

Joshua I. Greenberg, MD
Vascular Surgery
If you have recently been diagnosed with peripheral artery disease (PAD), you need to watch out for a few pitfalls when it comes to treatment. As with everything, do your homework and make sure that a procedure being proposed is really necessary, ask lots of questions. It is almost never appropriate to have treatment for lower extremity PAD without symptoms. Make sure that the treating doctor has extensive experience managing these problems as complications can occur and this is not just for those with a part-time interest.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider.

Continue Learning about Vascular Disease