What should I consider if I have recently been diagnosed with PAD?

Dr. Joshua I. Greenberg, MD
Vascular Surgeon

If you have recently been diagnosed with peripheral artery disease (PAD), you need to watch out for a few pitfalls when it comes to treatment. As with everything, do your homework and make sure that a procedure being proposed is really necessary, ask lots of questions. It is almost never appropriate to have treatment for lower extremity PAD without symptoms. Make sure that the treating doctor has extensive experience managing these problems as complications can occur and this is not just for those with a part-time interest.

Continue Learning about Vascular Disease

Prevent Plaque in Arteries with This Summer Fruit
Keep your arteries healthy, flexible, and clog-free by tossing a handful of sweet, juicy blueberries into your morning yogurt cup. Research suggests ...
How to Get a Leg Up on Peripheral Artery Disease
When a trip up the stairs triggers pain in your legs or hips, you might think you can’t exercise. If you have peripheral artery disease (PAD), however...
What are risk factors for aortic disease?
Mark J. Russo, MDMark J. Russo, MD
Aortic disease tends to run in families. 15-25% of people with aortic aneurysms have a 1st degree re...
How can I tell if my coronary plaque is improving with treatment?
Memorial Hospital of TampaMemorial Hospital of Tampa
Doctors can use a cardiac computerized tomography (CT) scan to see if your plaque is improving with ...