If I have peripheral artery disease, should my feet be checked?

SecondsCount.org
Administration
As a patient with peripheral artery disease (PAD - blockages in the arteries that lead to the legs), it is important that you have your feet checked regularly by a physician. This is particularly important if you have both PAD and diabetes.
Have your feet checked every time you visit your doctor. If you have diabetes, you should have a complete foot exam at least once a year and more often if you have foot problems. A complete foot examination includes looking at the skin, muscles and bones; checking the circulation; assessing how well you walk; and determining if you have numbness. If you have PAD and diabetes you should see a podiatrist regularly to trim your toenails and otherwise care for your feet.

Continue Learning about Vascular Disease