What treatments are available for abnormal veins?

Treatments for abnormal veins include endovenous laser treatment (EVLT), sclerotherapy and micro-incisional phlebectomy. These treatments range from minimally invasive options to surgical procedures involving anesthesia.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Nor does the contents of this website constitute the establishment of a physician patient or therapeutic relationship. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Continue Learning about Spider Veins and Varicose Veins

Ways to Avoid and Manage Varicose Veins
Ways to Avoid and Manage Varicose Veins
On an episode of Friends, the gang arrives late to Monica and Chandler’s for dinner. “I bet that vein on Monica’s forehead is popping like crazy,” say...
Will I need general anesthesia for vein procedures?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
Usually no general anesthesia is used for vein procedures.
Should I see a doctor about varicose veins?
Yes, you should talk to your doctor about varicose veins if they are painful or appear to be worseni...
Dr. Steve Elias - What Are Varicose Veins?