How are vascular surgeons involved in the treatment of varicose veins?

Cheryl Hoffman, MD
Vascular & Interventional Radiology
In the treatment of varicose veins, both vascular surgeons and dermatologists perform ablation. Usually, though, a vascular surgeon focuses on the deep veins, while a dermatologist focuses on the visible veins. That said, sometimes a vascular surgeon in a vein center may do a complete therapy.

Continue Learning about Spider Veins and Varicose Veins

Ways to Avoid and Manage Varicose Veins
Ways to Avoid and Manage Varicose Veins
On an episode of Friends, the gang arrives late to Monica and Chandler’s for dinner. “I bet that vein on Monica’s forehead is popping like crazy,” say...
Are varicose veins hereditary?
John Morris, DOJohn Morris, DO
Family history is a big risk factor for varicose veins. Doctors often see mother-daughter pairs in t...
How can I remove the spider veins on my legs?
Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about spider veins.
Dr. Steve Elias - What Are Varicose Veins?