How can I remove the spider veins on my legs?

Gabriel P. Lasala, MD
Interventional Cardiology
For spider vein removal you should establish a relationship with a cardiologist specializing in peripheral vascular disease and varicose vein treatment. Spider veins are a symptom of a bigger issue, especially if the veins are achy or painful.

Dermatologist Dr. Heidi Waldorf explains the different treatment options available to remove spider veins from your legs. Watch Dr. Waldorf's video for tips and information on skin health.

Watch this video to learn more from Dr. Mehmet Oz about spider veins.

Continue Learning about Spider Veins and Varicose Veins

Spider Veins and Varicose Veins

Large twisted blue or purplish veins visible at the skins surface are known as varicose veins. Any vein in your body can become varicose but it usually occurs in the legs and feet due to the pressure the lower body endures to keep ...

your body upright. It is caused by the weakening of the valves and veins in your legs. Varicose veins are usually hereditary. We are also more prone to get varicose veins as we age. Symptoms include itching, burning, throbbing or cramping in the legs and around the veins. Self-care measures such as exercising, elevating your legs, and wearing compression stockings are used to ease the pain and prevent varicose veins from getting worse. If these measures dont work, see your doctor to discuss medical treatments that are available to close or remove varicose veins.