Do varicose veins worsen over time?

Without treatment, the appearance of varicose veins often worsen over time. Your symptoms may not change, but the veins may be more visible. You may also develop other varicose veins. Many people pursue treatment to remove varicose veins for cosmetic reasons and to feel more comfortable about their appearance. In addition, taking preventative measures to reduce your risk such as exercising, not staying in the same position for long periods of time, and sitting with your feet elevated can be beneficial.

Continue Learning about Spider Veins and Varicose Veins

Ways to Avoid and Manage Varicose Veins
Ways to Avoid and Manage Varicose Veins
On an episode of Friends, the gang arrives late to Monica and Chandler’s for dinner. “I bet that vein on Monica’s forehead is popping like crazy,” say...
Will I need general anesthesia for vein procedures?
St. Mark's HospitalSt. Mark's Hospital
Usually no general anesthesia is used for vein procedures.
How are varicose veins treated?
Good Samaritan HospitalGood Samaritan Hospital
Varicose veins are now treated with laser fibers, which use heat to help diminished the appearance o...
How Does Sclerotherapy Work?
How Does Sclerotherapy Work?