Should I let my doctor know I am taking valerian?

If you are planning on taking valerian, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any medication you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Valerian, in particular, can react adversely with a variety of different medical conditions, medications and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of valerian and all of the possible complications that may accompany it.

Continue Learning about Valerian

What dosage of valerian supplement is typically used for adults?
Valerian is a perennial herb native to Europe. Extracts of valerian are made from the thickened, und...
What is valerian?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Valerian, a flowering plant that is native to both Europe and Asia and is now also grown in Nort...
What are the health benefits of valerian?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Valerian root has been around for ages and was originally used to help induce sleep; in lower dosage...
Can Valerian Work as Well as Sleep Medications?