How soon after taking valerian might my insomnia improve?

If you are taking valerian to help you sleep, you may need to take it for several days, even up to four weeks, before it starts to work.

It is also possible that valerian may not work at all. Some studies find that valerian is useful for insomnia, while others report that it is no more effective than a placebo (sugar pill).

Continue Learning about Valerian

What should I avoid while taking valerian?
Until you know how you will react to valerian, you should not drive or operate any heavy machine...
Are valerian supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
You should not take valerian if you're pregnant, unless you are doing so under your doctor's sup...
Is valerian regulated by the FDA?
Valerian is considered a dietary supplement in the United States, so the Food and Drug Administr...
Can Valerian Work as Well as Sleep Medications?