Should I see my doctor about my vaginal cancer symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

You should see your doctor if you have any abnormal vaginal bleeding or other symptoms that might indicate vaginal cancer. You have the best chance for a cure if vaginal cancer is diagnosed early. Since vaginal cancer can occur without symptoms, follow your doctor's guidelines for when and how often to have regular pelvic exams and Pap tests.

Continue Learning about Vaginal Cancer

Is vaginal cancer a common version of gynecologic cancer?
Vaginal cancer is the least common form of gynecologic cancers. In fact, it is rare. Less than one w...
What is the rate of incidence for vaginal cancer?
Vaginal cancer is rare. Only about 1 to 3 percent of all gynecological cancers are vaginal cancer. M...
Are there different types of vaginal cancer?
Most cases of vaginal cancer start out as a skin cancer on the inside of your vagina. In this form, ...
Is vaginal cancer serious?
Vaginal cancer can be serious if it's not detected or treated early. If untreated, it can spread to ...