How should I prepare for my appointment to diagnose vaginal cancer?

If you've made a doctor's appointment because you're concerned about vaginal cancer symptoms, prepare for your doctor's appointment by making lists of any physical symptoms you're having and any medication you're taking. Include your vitamins and supplements. Write down important personal information, especially recent problems or stresses, and any family history of cancer or other gynecological problems. Think about questions you want to ask and write those down as well. Consider bringing a friend or family member with you to help you remember what the doctor tells you-and for support.

Continue Learning about Vaginal Cancer

Vaginal Cancer

Although less common than other types of gynecologic cancers, vaginal cancer can be very deadly once it spreads to other parts of the body.Several types of vaginal cancer exist, with the most common being squamous cell carcinoma, ...

which typically develops in the upper region of the vagina. Less than 3% of gynecologic cancers begin in the vagina, although several other cancer types commonly spread to this area. It is unknown what causes vaginal cancer, but several factors increase your risk to develop the disease. If youre over the age of 60, have the human papillomavirus (HPV) or have had other gynecologic cancers like cervical cancer, youre more likely to develop this disease. See your doctor if you have a bloody and rank smelling vaginal discharge, notice painful urination or pelvic pain, or feel a lump in your vagina.