Who should receive Varivax?

Children one to 12 years of age can get Varivax, an injectable vaccine for preventing varicella (chicken pox). Children older than 12 years of age, adolescents and adults who have not been exposed to the varicella virus can get Varivax as well. However, there are some children and adults who should not get the vaccine, such as those with allergies to any of Varivax's ingredients. Your doctor can let you know if Varivax is recommended for you or your child.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Should pregnant women get the Tdap vaccine?
Pregnant women should get the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) vaccine to help protect their...
How can I prepare my child for a vaccination shot?
Make sure your child is in good health, is hydrated with water before vaccination, and is not receiv...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?