Who should not take FluLaval?

The FluLaval brand of influenza virus vaccine should not be given to people less than 18 years of age. Do not take this vaccination if you have a history of allergic reactions to flu vaccine or if you have a neurological disorder, a history of Guillain-Barre syndrome or an allergy to chicken or egg products. Talk to your doctor if you have a blood clotting or bleeding disorder, such as hemophilia or easy bruising, a weakened immune system from disease or medication or a latex rubber allergy. Your doctor will decide what precautions need to be taken when you receive this vaccination. FluLaval may be harmful to a developing fetus; however, if a woman is at risk of contracting the virus, the benefits may outweigh the risks. Speak with your doctor if you are pregnant. It is not known if FluLaval is passed through breast milk. Do not get the vaccination if you are breastfeeding, unless advised by a physician.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
How do flu vaccines work?
Flu vaccines (the flu shot and the nasal-spray flu vaccine) cause antibodies to develop in the body....
What is an influenza vaccine?
Flu vaccines are the first and best protection against influenza. While flu vaccines are available i...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?