Who should not take Cervarix?

Girls and women who have had an allergic reaction to the first Cervarix shot should not take the other two booster shots. Cervarix should not be given to girls younger than nine years old or to a pregnant woman. Cervarix may not be right for you if your immune system is weak or you have an allergy to latex rubber.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Who should get the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine?
Pertussis (whooping cough) vaccines are recommended for children, adolescents, and adults, including...
Should I get a flu shot while I'm pregnant?
If you're pregnant, you should consider getting a flu vaccine. Pregnancy causes changes in the heart...
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?