What are the side effects of the influenza vaccine?

Stacy Wiegman, PharmD
Pharmacy Specialist

Side effects of the influenza vaccine include: muscle aches, low fever, headaches and fatigue. If you receive a flu shot, you also may experience soreness where the virus was injected. It is also possible to have an allergic reaction to an influenza vaccine, although this is rare. If you experience side effects that concern you, discuss them with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Hawaii Health Alert: Why You Probably Need the Tdap Shot
You put in the extra effort to keep your kids and grandkids healthy—you make sure they get nutritious meals, safe toys and regular checkups. But the g...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?
Dr. Diane Harper - How long do human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines protect against infection?