What kind of tetanus shot should I get if I had one as a child?

Since you have already received the primary tetanus series, you may need only a booster. Although you are unlikely to get tetanus, your immunity may wane somewhat after 10 to 20 years. So, if it has been more than 10 years since your last booster shot, it's probably time for another one.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
Why should I get the flu shot?
Dr. Peter M. Lefevre, MDDr. Peter M. Lefevre, MD
You should get a flu shot because it will significantly reduce the likelihood of contracting the flu...
Are influenza vaccines safe for pregnant women?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Not only are influenza vaccines safe for pregnant women, it is highly recommended that pregnant wome...
Dr. Diane Harper - How do I protect myself from human papillomavirus (HPV)?