What is Zostavax?

Zostavax is a vaccine used to help prevent shingles, the rash caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV). Zostavax works by introducing a weakened version of VZV into your body, causing your immune system to create a more effective defense against the virus. Zostavax has been shown to cut the risk of developing shingles in half.

Continue Learning about Vaccine

Back-to-School Vaccinations All Preteens and Teens Need
Vaccinations are something to shine a light on as your adolescents head back to school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has the f...
What should I expect after a vaccine shot?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You or your child's arm may feel a little stiff and sore for a few days after a vaccine shot. Th...
Why should I get a pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine if I am pregnant?
CDC recommends that pregnant women receive the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine called Tdap during...
Dr. Robin Miller, Where Do You Stand In the Vaccine Debate?